For my first ‘proper’ blog I decided to give you a little insight into the things I loved and used the most in December, my ‘December Favourites’.
1. Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser – Dry/Sensitive I am a firm believer that a good moisturiser is a necessity for everyone. My Grandma is very knowledgable on skincare, and it was her who first introduced this product to me quite a few years ago. During the winter months, I suffer really badly with dry/flakey skin, especially in my T zone. This moisturiser is absolutely perfect for combatting that. I had been using a Clinique moisturiser for quite a while, but at the end of November decided to switch back to my trusty Liz Earle, and I can honestly say I have fallen back in love with it. As the saying goes, it does exactly what it says on the tin. When I first repurchased this product my face was already becoming very dry from the slight temperature drop, which was fixed in days as it intensely moisturised my skin. My skin has also become very smooth, giving my skin a visibly more flawless look instead of the usual patchy foundation marks I struggled with because of dry skin. My skin in itself has felt healthier and revived. For people like myself, who suffer from dry/sensitive skin, this product is perfect as it uses only natural ingredients, giving it a really light and refreshing smell and texture. This product comes in three options for different skin types, Combination/Oily, Normal/Combination and Dry/Sensitive. You can browse this range on uk.lizearle.com.
2. Aēsop Protective Lip Balm SPF 30
Staying on the topic of skincare, I have searched high and low for years for the perfect lip balm to carry around with me and prevent my lips from becoming dry, and I have finally found it! It was actually my boyfriend who bought this for me, he is a big fan of Aēsop skin care and I had been complaining non stop about my dry lips, so he bought it for me to try. Again this product includes natural ingredients, giving it a refreshing and distinctive smell. The texture of the lip balm is smooth, yet almost chalky (in a good way) which allows it to stay put on your lips and not get everywhere. I love that it is in a stick as it makes it so easy to apply, unlike Vaseline, as if you’re like me the remains on my finger would be wiped onto my jeans leaving a nice greasy mark behind… whoops. You can find this product on www.aesop.com/uk.
3. MAC Matte Lipstick – Mehr
4. MAC x Giambattista Valli Lipstick – Charlotte
5. Marks and Spencer Coconut Blossom Candle
Another one of my favourite things are candles. The girls I live with especially know this as I am always burning candles. My favourite candle in December was ‘Coconut Blossom’ by Marks and Spencer. Although it isn’t a very Christmassy scent, I really enjoyed burning it just before I went to sleep as the scent is really calming. The scent is exactly how you would expect it to be from the name, and isn’t at all overpowering. I am really impressed at how long the candle has lasted, bearing in mind I burnt it every night, some nights for around 2 hours and I have still only burnt about half of it. You can buy this candle online by clicking here, or going into a Marks and Spencer store and heading to the homeware section.
I hope you found this interesting and maybe found some inspiration for what could become your January favourites!
Thanks for reading.